Diane from Soda Lime Timessent a twistie tutorial by Kris Schaible so I’m sharing it with all of you. This could be for bead makers or fusers. I love making component parts for either. What I like about this tutorial is that she takes yet another approach to making a twistie. It seems there is no end to the ways you can do a twistie. If you’re happy with the outcome you’re doing it right.Kris’ method uses metal disk punties to add the glass to. The gather that is created ends up being wider than if you just built up on the glass rod then twisted it out. And since both sides are punties you can get a nice even, consistent twist. Good job…nice twist.
By Cathi Milligan
- Tips on pulling a fatter twistie. And other resources.
- Steider Studio Blog – A Fused Glass Tutorial
- Tutorial Saturday! Mandrel Wound Implosion Bead
- Glass and Metal Clay Tutorial
- Another Tutorial From Soda Lime Times – Vine Cane