I’ve got some rough edges on a few of my glass pieces that have just come out of the kiln. Those rough edges have got to go. The grinders I’ve got are a bit small for the pieces I’m working on so I’m looking for other options. I really want a belt sander and a larger lap wheel but the money gods are keeping me from those possessions at the moment as well as the size of the actual pieces (they’re kind of large). What are my other options? Go over to His Glassworks to see. There are coldworking goodies in all price ranges so if your budget constrains you go with handpads and elbow grease. I’m thinking about a waterfeed angle grinder. Oh yeah. That would cover a lot of territory. And it’s not a complete budget buster. Go over to their site…they know all there is to know about grinding and polishing. And these are the things you need to take your glass to the next level.
- Cool Glass Fusing Information from Clearwater Glass Studio
- Jack Storms – Cold Working Glass Sculptor
- Bottle Cutting Jig Makes Recycling Easier
- The Joy of Cold Working with Johnathon Schmuck
- How do you hang your glass?