This was my first time over to Hyperallergic.com. It’s an art web site that appears to cover a number of different art disciplines and interests. They have a story today about the largest contemporary glass museum that will be in Corning, NY. This is pretty exciting stuff for glass lovers. Corning is already one of the most important cities for glass and now this will take it to the next level. I can’t wait to see what they do. Above is a rendering of what the museum is projected to look like. They already have an extremely impressive museum with an amazing collection of old glass that blows the mind. This extension will add 100,000 square feet and will be paid for by Corning Glass. A very smart investment if you ask me…
- Voices of Contemporary Glass over at The Corning Museum
- Field Trip: Corning Museum of Glass
- Marc Petrovic – Glass Artist
- Field Trip to Corning Museum of Glass – Happy Earth Day!
- Corning Museum Call for Entries