I was looking an interesting tutorial to share tonight and found a kiln cast table. It’s on the Alpine Stained Glass web site. Now this is by no means a beginner glass adventure but sometimes I think it’s important to see what’s possible and how to expand your glass knowledge. This tutorial shows you how to make a clay positive, then a plaster casting of it which is then used to make the glass table with. Not an easy process but a challenge. And it can be scaled down to a size that you can do with a smaller kiln. It’s the process that you’re learning about. I do have to say I wish the pictures were a bit clearer but the instructions make up for it.
By Cathi Milligan
- Glass Casting Resources from Cynthia Morgan
- Glass and Metal Clay Tutorial
- Cast Glass and Kickstarter
- Starry Night Mosaic Table Tutorial
- Susan Silver Brown – Cast Glass Artist – Daily Muse Strikes Again!