How do you work with glass? Are you a torch worker, making beads and little sculptures? Do you fuse or kiln form, making pendants and plates and tiles and goodies like that? Do you do stained glass? Or mosaic work? This post is going to talk about kiln forming also know as fusing and slumping. I’m sending you over to the Warm Glass web site to learn about the process and some of the situations you may encounter. Then you’re to go over to the Bullseye Glass site to see the chart on what there glass is like. These are things that are important if you want to get started playing with glass in this fashion. Or maybe you already fuse and just need a few questions answered. These are a couple of great places to get your information.
By Cathi Milligan
- Glass Casting Resources from Cynthia Morgan
- Fusing Glass with a Ceramic Kiln from Ed Hoy
- Bullseye Forum – Help with your Glass “Situations”
- Kiln Pointers from Paragon
- A Glass Fusers Information Paradise