More stuff from Las Vegas…got a new copy of The Flow magazine and wanted to share some of the contents. The Flow is part of a family of glass publications that provide tons of stories and tutorials about glass and the glass industry. There’s also Glass Patterns Quarterly and Profitable Glass. The Flow’s focus is lampwork. Beads and other goodies made with torches. So I also received their regular newsletter which brought some interesting articles to my attention. Now I’ll bring them to your attention. I think the article on loading a kiln is a great place to start, The Kiln Corner. You can find it on line as well as in the magazine itself. The article covers a number of different questions and materials about loading your kiln. Good stuff to know.
By Cathi Milligan
- Casting for the Flameworker—An Introduction – Another Flow Article
- Kiln Info You Should Know
- The Glass Quarterly Hot Sheet – So Much Glass News!!
- Kiln Pointers from Paragon
- The History of Dichroic Glass According to Howard Sandberg