Over at the SAMA, Society of American Mosaic Artists, web site I found photos of a large scale mosaic project that just had to be shared with you guys. I do believe most of the pieces are made up of tile but I think this can inspire and be translated to glass very well, that is if you find yourself in the large scale project situation. A team of artists worked on the various panels that where later installed on the side of a building. What a fabulous project!
The workshop was given by Kim Emerson and the completed panels were donated to Southwest Human Development, a non-profit that helps kids. Very cool!!
By Cathi Milligan
- Heller Gallery – New York City
- 21 Top Tips for Mosaic from CMA
- Steider Studio Blog – A Fused Glass Tutorial
- Mosaic Heaven…Check This Out!!
- Incredible Mosaic-ed Room