I received the new issue of Glass Line yesterday and started looking through it for interesting information to share with all of you out there in the internets and I came across an article about Brent Kee Young and had to share it. He creates webs of glass that are fantastic sculptures. A sphere in a cube…a chair…a vase. All of webs of glass. You have to see it to believe it. He’s a man who knows glass being that he’s the head of the Glass Department at the Cleveland Institute of Art since 1973. He works with clear borosilicate rods and connects them together creating shapes and forms that wouldn’t expect to see built out of glass. And webs of glass at that. Please check out his work and learn more about him. I think he’s someone very talented and knowledgeable.
By Cathi Milligan
- Treg Silkwood and Candice Martin are Silkwood Glass
- Special Rods from Bullseye
- Suellen Fowler – A Glass Goddess
- Field Trip – Bay Area Glass Institute
- The Amazing Glass Work of Janis Miltenberger