I recently received some glass samples to try out from CBS, Coatings by Sandberg, which makes the best dichroic coatings in the glass industry. The samples were of Uroborus 104 thin sheet and since I make most of my beads with 104 glass they wanted to know what I thought. Loved it! With thin glass you can make smaller beads, or more dichro saturated beads since there’s less glass to wrap. I love to make small beads so this was great. I also got to try the new crinklized dichro which was super fun and super sparkley. I need to take some pictures of the beads I made to post and will do so very soon. This glass is available through CBS and if you use a lot of 104 glass you’ll want to give it a try. And it’s made in the USA! Now can they coat some colored glass maybe?
By Cathi Milligan
- Do Love Dichroic Glass Like I Love Dichroic Glass
- New Dichroic Glass Bead Contest put on by Coatings by Sandberg
- Enter the 2010 Dichroic by Design Contest Sponsored by Coatings by Sandberg
- Dichroic Glass Tutorial – The Donut
- Beads From the Tutorials…