The author uses millefiori, which translates to “one thousand flowers” and are pattern canes made in Italy. I’ve used them many times in glass bead making and have even made simple millefiori also known as murrini. Her use of them for mosaic is so interesting and adds patterns as well as an exotic flavor to her work. It’s a beautiful book and very informative on mosaic techniques. And her usage of other glass tiles is just luscious. She’s created some mosaic shoes that are so beautiful. I highly recommend this book for those that want to expand their mosaic palette. I know I’m inspired.
- Fused Glass Trough and Mesh Melt E-Book Review
- Book Review – A Beginner’s Guide to Kiln Forming
- Book Review – Warm Glass – A Complete Guide to Kiln-Forming Glass
- Book Review – The Weekend Crafter – Mosaics
- Book Review and Giveaway – Creating Glass Beads