Today we’re heading to San Jose, CA to visit the Bay Area Glass Institute. The Bay area is blessed with a number of places people who love glass can go to learn more about glass. They offer classes in all aspects of glass working as well as studio rental time. There’s a gallery and a gift shop. They have events and lectures series offerings such as Third Thursdays. All of this sounds like loads of fun. I’m kind of jealous that we don’t have something similar in Los Angeles. Might have to do something about that…
So if you’re interested in venturing up California to the San Jose area or you already live up there take a tour of the Bay Area Glass Institute and pick me up a trinket from the gift store.
- The Great Glass Auction – Bay Area Glass Institue
- Third Fridays at Third Degree Glass Factory
- Enter the 2010 Dichroic by Design Contest Sponsored by Coatings by Sandberg
- Brazee Street Studios Make and Bake – Votive Sandblast
- Florence Niven – Divas in Glass