These gorgeous glass doors are part of the Pearl Avenue Branch Library in San Jose, California. Titled, “Solar Illumination I: Evolution of Language,” the doors (and other glass art in the library) is the work of Lynn Goodpasture in collaboration with Peter Glass Studios. If you thought glass art was beautiful before, think how sexy it is when it goes green.
The panels contain photovoltaic cells that produce power as the sun shines through. For more detailed information, be sure to read the MarketWire article.
- Madeline’s Journey – Red Cells for Remission
- The Search for a Lighter Greener Champagne Bottle
- Wesley Fleming – Amazing Glass Insects
- Artist Profile: Namaste Glass
- The Glass Quarterly Hot Sheet – So Much Glass News!!