Did you know that if you melt one piece of glass with another piece of glass that it could explode after it’s cool? That happens when two glasses are not compatible. They melt and cool at different rates which causes stress in the piece.
Lani over at the Bullseye Glass Company talks about this fact frequently and more people should know the truth about compatibilities! Just because things might look good on the surface, there is stress in them thar’ glass pieces!
See what it takes to test glass for compatibility over on the To BE or not to BE blog. And check out the pictures of the hidden stress that appears when two incompatible glasses are used together.
By lori greenberg
- Mosaic in South Los Angeles
- How to Get a Better Bowl?
- Product Review – MR-97 Mold Release from Colour de Verre
- DIY – Wine Glass Chandelier
- A Refresher Course in Compatibility from Bullseye